Re: Refuting ignorance

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:15:51 -0000

None of which information actually helps me manage the new mystic in my game.

So, as I asked:

>So, I wonder, is there any new info on mysticism available, perhaps
as a playtest for 2nd ed?

or perhaps not. But any hints available for what may show up would be appreciated. Or other readers who may have tried running mystics.

At the moment I'm considering the Dreaded Broad Ability, or something like it.

To whit:

Still 3 disciplines as in HW, with sub abilities ala Close Combat/Ranged Combat/Affinities. Probably costing 3 initially to raise, like affinities or tradition knowledge.

BUT with the twist that for every sub-skill (Dragon Fist, Invisible Kick, Crawl like a Bug, etc) the cost to raise the parent skill increases one. But the cost to raise the sub skill is only one.

Thus, the more involved in Doing the mystic is, the harder it is to avoid the distractions of the world. Balance gets harder and harder to maintain.

Thoughts?

Oh, and the Kralori book -- Due when?

Mike