Re: Re: Handicap and Edge alternatives

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:42:49 +0100

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:21:57 -0000, "atomikdog2001" <atomikdog2001_at_...m> wrote:

>This was the direction my thoughts were headed, but the thought of an
>extra sharp 2hnd swrd and platemail getting a +10 bonus is a little
>intimidating. Which I guess would explain a lot of the +10.

Well, you could say +5 attack and +5 defence, but admittedly that is a bit more complex (and if the numbers aren't equal which do you use to calculate AP?). Alternatively, you could use half these numbers (actually, rounding up both +5 would give a total +6), since one 'level' of augmentation equals either +2 edge or +1 bonus. But then you lose the 'even numbered' edges which represent large, fine, sharp, etc. weapons...

Wulf