Re: Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:44:58 +0000

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:04:08 -0500, "Kevin P. McDonald" <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu> wrote:

>Something else that the Q&A discussion has not mentioned thus far
>(unless I missed it somewhere) are the Delayed Magic rules from HeroWars
>pg. 234.

personally I just never liked those rules. They jar badly with my idea of feats. Feats are, after all, supposed to be the re-enactment of your deity's actions. How do you 'delayed action' Leap Over Water, or Run Across Treetops? You do it by... doing it. Now, of course, Swordhelp and the like sound and act more like the old simple Spirit magics, but they SHOULD work according to the same rules.

Personally, I just ignored the rule altogether, and hoped everyone else did too.

Wulf