Re: Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:02:42 -0800

> personally I just never liked those rules. They jar badly with my idea
> of feats. Feats are, after all, supposed to be the re-enactment of
> your deity's actions. How do you 'delayed action' Leap Over Water, or
> Run Across Treetops? You do it by... doing it. Now, of course,
> Swordhelp and the like sound and act more like the old simple Spirit
> magics, but they SHOULD work according to the same rules.

There are other magic systems besides Theism, and delayed effects fit in with *my* idea of Sorcery. You'll note that the example is of a Sorceress laying a trap, not a theist.

Even RQ had "delayed effect" Rune magic - Remember Ernalda's Earth Power rune spell available to Storm Bulls? The spell activated if a user touched the ground and his POW was 1 or less. CoP 22.

Roderick