Re: Heroic Actions

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...> <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:29:58 -0000

I think feats such as decapitate Foe certainly can be used to do exactly what they say, and I hope they often are.

How they are used in game mechanics terms will depend on the circumstances. Normaly this will require a Complete Success in a simple contest, or you could use the feat as a final action in an extended contest. This way it's fairly streightforward to use agains goons with meagre ability ratings, and you can still use it against your arch enemy at the climax of the battle, which is as it should be.

As has been said, to do this you roll against the Affinity (with whatever modifiers may be applicable), but might I suppose be able to augment with Close Combat.

In hero Wars you don't need to spend a Hero Point to activate magical abilities although you may need to do so to get a Complete Success.

Simon Hibbs