Re: Heroic Actions [Rant, OT]

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:02:40 -0000

Not a good thing for game to become commercially successful, which I am assuming HW wants to do.

> I'm sorry that the decision to not provide rules for every feat,
spell,
> spirit and ability isn't to your taste. Besides the amount of
verbiage that
> doing so would require, it was against the design intent of the
game. It was
> a conscious decision on the part of the design team *not* to do
so, but to
> instead allow (or force) the narrators and players to decide for
themselves
> what "Sunset Leap" or "Death Song Berserk" means.
>
> Let me state that again: The intent is to allow *you* to decide
what a feat,
> spell, spirit or ability can be used for, or not, and if there
should be a
> penalty applied to the target number.

The problem, for me, is not in what it does by why doesnt it do it all the time. One minute a feat is a simple augment, the next you are leaping from tree to tree (with my best girl by my side)... it isnt consistent, and there is nothing to tell you when it changes from one mode to another...

If I tell my players to be creative, they will be creative everytime. After enough creative times we all get tired and it is no longer creative but mundane.

Maybe its a right brain/left brain thing... if a feat does one thing one time, it should do it every time. If it doesnt then you are making things up (LOL!), which means all the rules are suspect. I find that disconcerting.