Re: GURPS Glorantha

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:52:23 +0100

Hi John,

Montag, 17. Februar 2003, 12:37, schriebst du:

> With the all-powerful union, the **question** is gonna come up sooner or later - not that I'm suggesting it's likely. Heroquest has its support base. A lot of GURPers are gonna be hearing a lot
> more about the Lozenge.

> GURPS Glorantha?

there is a rudimentary conversion floating around the net for a while. quite unofficial, though.

> The only times I've played GURPS has been at cons, where I rolled the dice and grunted when the ref told me too.

> Is GURPS flexible enough for the Hero Wars?

I doubt so.
GURPS is all about number crunching and character-tweaking. good, sometimes even great sourcebooks, but the rules are awkward, IMHO. no doubt, opinions will differ, but as far as I'm concerned I'd rather restart my Chivalry&Sorcery 2nd edition-campaign than give GURPS another try.

> Or would it be a glance backwards to RQ-type grounded mechanics?

definitely!
a huge leap back.
GURPS is the impersonated other side of the spectrum, now that Rolemaster ceased to exist.

all IMHO :)

--
Music has the right to children,

 Stefan