Re: Frustrating rules

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:01:31 -0000

Mike:
> The discussion has been helpful, but I've also felt like I wasn't
being listened to. And before someone says it, no "listening to me" doesn't entail "agreeing with me".<

Understood. I suspect it is the medium. Email is a bad medium for people to express validation of one another's feelings. Result: you don't feel like anyone is listening to you when you post. I guess we have all had it and all agree it sucks <shrugs>. Sometimes I feel like bouncing up and down going 'does anyone read my posts'. Since going to Convulsions and have met a few of the people I find it a lot easier though - putting a human face to a poster sure helps a lot. I get tone and texture for Alex and Graham's posts (just to name one or two) by simply having had a pint and a meal with them.