Scorpionmen and legs

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:14:30 EST

Hi All,

 One thing that I have added to Scorpionmen in my game is a skill of 'Lots of Legs' just to capture the feeling of RQ when you used to fight a scorpionman and hit nothing but legs, whilst he continued to sting and stab at you. This skill can be used as a defense against most attack and as an augment for climbing, running etc. This skill is useful for many multiple limbed creatures, walktapi, gaint centipedes etc.

 I am actually quite a fan of AR, but I generally feel that many of the edges were far too low for my liking and invariably I double them to increase the challenge to my players. I work on the rule of thumb that if it scared my players in RQ it is fine to beef up its HW stats to scare them in this game.

Cheers Simon Bray

The Unspoken Word - The Magazine for Gloranthans and Heroes http://www.celtic-webs.com/theunspokenword/