Re: Group Simple Contests

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:43:06 -0000

Group Simple contests have been addressed in the Heroquest draft we have been playtesting. Without sepcifics the rules are clearer, simpler to use, and most importantly are not a special case but instead 'follow the pattern'. There are also a pretty obvious way of handling it, so fear not.

That said I do still use Benedict's Group Simple Contest house rule in combinatin with this for a certain style of simple contest where you really want just one roll for each side. But this is really just a simple contest with reduction of supporters into appropriate bonuses.

It is usually pretty clear when either is appropriate from the form of the contest i.e. is somebody on point or making a more significant effort thatnthe others.