Re: Group Simple Contests + Heroband rules

From: jamesjhawkins <James.Hawkins_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:23:51 -0000

That's how I like to do it. Sometimes the equipment's target number would be used in its own right, but mostly it would be used as an augment.

> but that there should be minor equipment
> providing +tn Bonuses, such as +6 swords etc.

I'm less keen on that. I take the view that bonuses from a character's basic equipment are subsumed in their ability rating. I'd expect you to have paid 6HP to get a +6 to your Close Combat Sword, for example.
Also you don't have to tot up equipment bonuses for NPCs that way.

Cheers,

sjjh