Re: Re: Walking 0w2

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:03:40 -0800

> > Look, the 0w2 "can't fail" rating should only be
> > used when you are in a
> > contest of a "can't fail" ability against a
> > creature/monster/villain that
> > has some way to emulate that ability (via magic or
> > skill).
>
> Actually, the situation I originally asked about was
> when your player hero has a large minus to all actions
> (due to injury, alcohol, whatever), such that finding
> it difficult to stand, much less walk, would seem
> reasonable. I wanted to know what large number I
> should be subtracting my "to all actions" penalty from
> before rolling.

Okay, I'll amend that - When you are up against something without the native ability, or so incapacitated that your narrator wonders these sorts of things ;-).

Anyway, my ultimate point is that 40 is the likely "Can't Fail" breakpoint, however it gets translated into wibbles (as Nick would say).

Everything else I've written on the subject is an exercise in Theoretical Rules. Please, Jane and others, playtest it and let me know how it works.

RR