Re: More Luck

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:32:26 -0000

We've come to a compromise on the Luck ability.

We've renamed it Lucky Guess. If in the game the character has a defined number of options, he can try to Lucky Guess which one is right. The difficulty is the number of options times 5.

E.g. The character chases a troll who runs round a corner, when the character gets there, he sees three cave entrances and no sign of the troll. The difficulty to Lucky Guess which way to go is 3x5 = 15.

I may make this a little easier - three options is a difficulty of 10, plus 5 for each additional option.

As is often the case with Hero wars abilities sometimes it's hard to initialy see how to reach a compromise that does what the player wants, without causing lots of game ballance issues.

Simon hibbs