Re: Re: More Luck

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:43:05 +0100

>We've renamed it Lucky Guess. If in the game the character
>has a defined number of options, he can try to Lucky Guess
>which one is right. The difficulty is the number of options
>times 5.

<snip>

>I may make this a little easier - three options is a difficulty
>of 10, plus 5 for each additional option.

I'd be more tempted to make it harder. Once the skill reaches 15W, he'll nearly always know the correct option from three. 10 per option does not seem unreasonable. Alterntively, allow anyone who might be affected by the PC's luck to add their appropriate skill to the resistance. So if the troll in your example had a "Skulk through the shadows" spirit of might 3W, the total resistance would be (23+3X5=38) 18W.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson