Re: More Luck

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:55:51 -0000

> >I may make this a little easier - three options is a difficulty
> >of 10, plus 5 for each additional option.
>
> I'd be more tempted to make it harder. Once the skill reaches 15W,
he'll
> nearly always know the correct option from three.

True, but he'll have spent 20 Hero Points on it, so it had better be useful.

> ...10 per option does not
> seem unreasonable. Alterntively, allow anyone who might be affected
by the
> PC's luck to add their appropriate skill to the resistance. So if
the troll
> in your example had a "Skulk through the shadows" spirit of might
3W, the
> total resistance would be (23+3X5=38) 18W.

10 per option seems punitive. After all, he started off with 15 in the ability (I did character generation slightly diferently for this campaign), so he'd have almost no chance of guessing right between only 3 options untill he'd spent more than 10 HPs.

On ballance, I think 5 per is about right.

Simon Hibbs