Re: Re: Bumps and shoves

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:45:07 +0100 (BST)

Kmnellist_at_a...

> > Nothing really, but my preference is for
> situations where, if the
> player has > Hero Points, he cannot fail. It seems
> to me that high
> ability is what stops > you failing, Heroic-ness
> makes you fail in
> ways that might still achieve your > objective.
>
> Oh; I see. That's cool.
>
> > Saving someone else's skin is being Heroic. Saving
> your own is
> being > cowardly/pragmatic/sensible. (IMO).

I can think of situations where I'd like to be able to use a HP or two to say "OK, I defeat my opponent. And I die doing it." Despite not actually having enough AP to do this. Whether or not the PC's funeral is miserable isn't the point, it's the heroic ending that would be good to have as an option.

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer