Re: Re: Close Combat

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:59:57 -0400

Hi!

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 12:05 AM, Josh Reynolds wrote:

> I guess what I was getting at is how is CC any different
> from "Smart" or "Well Read"? Broad skills like that are nearly
> always used with an improv modifier, right? Is HQ singling out CC,
> or is it suggesting you guide your players toward narrower skills in
> general? After all, the player can always write "skilled with all
> weapons" in their description - it's up to the narrator to deal with
> that.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not really much different but CC has a more defined set of subcategories than Smart or Well Read. I don't think that the HQ rules specifically rule out your "skilled with all weapons" line but then your character will *always* take an improv penalty. Sure, you could take CC and always take an improv penalty when you use Sword and Shield. Or you could take Spear and Shield and still take that penalty on Sword and Shield but no penalty with Spear and Shield.

Camo