Re: Re:guns

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:55:02 EDT

In einer eMail vom 10.06.03 02:14:24 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt yahoo_at_...:

> Using the HW mechanics, you need rules for gun ammunition in the same
> way that you need rules for the content of archers' quivers. That is to
> say, not at all.

In my view the difference is that you never fire more than one missile at a time in opposition to automatic weapons that fire up to thirty bullets at once.

> A Target Number is not a To Hit chance, and Action Points are not Hit
> Points.

I know that and never said that. My point of view was that it makes an attack more effective.

> Someone else has already suggested using Edges for guns. If a gun's
> capability to do automatic fire makes it more deadly, just give it a
> bigger Edge.

So how? Firing one Uzi bullet gives you an edge of 3, spraying a whole magazine of thirty bullets gives you what ? 90?

> Spraying bullets around might increase your chance of hitting and the
> damage you do. But you might just waste ammunition, or make the gun jam.
> Spraying bullets can be simulated using high AP bid.
>
> The HW/HQ core mechanics are very simple, yet very powerful.

I m happy with that, in fact its just what i want.

Still the rules say an edge is a bonus because of a good "position" you have, while Apīs represent the personal risk you put into an action or how well you re doing in a contest, so how do you distinguish spraying a lot of bullets and doing a risky attack?
As long as you stand behind a car and empty your magazine that might be bidding all of your Apīs, but lets say you run towards your enemy and empty your magazine, which is more risky how do you represent that, when you have no more Apīs to spend?
One suggestion might be that an automatic weapon somehow gives you Apīs when you are firing bursts.

I m fine with your suggestion that firing bursts give you a higher edge, if you tell me the difference between one, three and thirty bullets edgewise.

greets

Christian