Re: Re:guns

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:03:11 +0100

> > Spraying bullets around might increase your chance of hitting and the
> > damage you do. But you might just waste ammunition, or make the gun jam.
> > Spraying bullets can be simulated using high AP bid.
> >
> > The HW/HQ core mechanics are very simple, yet very powerful.
>

>I m happy with that, in fact its just what i want.
>
>Still the rules say an edge is a bonus because of a good "position" you have,
>while Ap�s represent the personal risk you put into an action or how well you
>re doing in a contest, so how do you distinguish spraying a lot of bullets
>and doing a risky attack?

"I spray bullets at the opposition. I bid [large number] APs."

[roll dice, consult tables]

"You're shots go wild, you're out of APs, and therefore out of ammo. The other guys take advantage of your lack of firepower to advance on your position, and you now have a gun pointed at your head..."

APs always measure how likely you are to win the contest - running out of bullets ain't a good place to be...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson