Re: Many-onto-one combats

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:50:46 -0700

> >How do you think it ought to go?
>
> Lots of dead clansmen, but the hero finally bought down by sheer
> numbers. The sort of thing that occurs in downbeat films in slow motion
> at the end (e.g. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid).
>
> Which of course can be done by GM fiat, but that could leave a bad taste
> in the mouth of the player.

Well, the genre you are playing in and that you are trying to recreate are two different things, then.

Your hero that can "scrape into w4 in specific occasions" sounds like a budding Capital-H Hero getting on the order of Sir Ehilrist, Gunda The Guilty or Beat-Pot Aelwrin. He and his buddies should be able to take on a *Tribal* fyrd with a chance of beating them. A mere clan fyrd should be no problem.

Your hero needs to set his sights higher.

- Richelieu