Pulp HQ and guns - from HQ-RPG list

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 14:42:44 +0100

Guy Hoyle wrote:

> I just had a flash of inspiration: a HeroQuest pulp campaign, set in the
> 1920's or '30's. Now, how to do guns...? (I guess that's more an
> HW-Rules question, though, isn't it?)

This is where the whole system is so good. There is always the simulationist part of you wondering how you'd do guns or something in another genre.

It's simple - you put Fancy Gunplay 1W on your character sheet and use it in a contest. If you want you could have Tommy Gun 5W on your equipment list that could augment the Fancy Gunplay.

Easy! Pulp is another cinematic genre that HQ would probably be fantastic for.

Stephen