Re: Do the rules determine the nature of Glorantha?

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:45:38 -0000

>>5. Now that Kero Fin and Engizi are landscape deities, are their
>>Storm Tribe cults still relevant (now that having 140 worshippers
>>can drop the resistance to climb Kero Fin to zero)?

HQ is fairly explicit about this, it points out that some 'landscape' dieties do have cults,but worshipping them in a cult is rarer (this applies to Engizi, the River, as well as Kero Fin for example). Presumably for a landscape deity to get this kind of worship it has to have a sufficently complex mythology - for most landscape deities that is not true. Kero Fin and Engizi look like Dragon Pass exceptions.

Note that the Kero Fin resistance is only when the mountain tries to prevent supernatural attempts to climb it. If you tried to use a feat to climb Kero Fin her magical resistance comes into play. Otherwise you deal with the natural resistance to climbing an 8-mile high mountain.

If needed I would just rule that the number we have already factors in the sapping effect of landscape deity worship.