Re: Re: Do the rules determine the nature of Glorantha?

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:52:52 -0400

I undertand completely... I'm just saying I'm not sure you will ever get the sort of answers you are looking for. Certainly there is no reason not to ask The Powers That Be (insofar as they exist), and they may even come up with a "canonical" answer, but they might not. I think that a lot of things that might be pinned down in other settings are going to be left to each narrator's individual choice in Glorantha. Also, the "canon" keeps changing. Do you remember the Elmal/Yelmalio thing? Finally, the rules themselves allow for so much variety, and there are so many individual exceptions, that there is only a limited amount that can be extrapolated from them about Gloranthan "reality."

On the other hand, what do I know? I didn't write any of this stuff, and my one fan-boy contribution really sucked.

Gerald Bosch