Re: Re: spare the extended contests

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:20:29 +0000 (GMT)

> --- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, Jane
> Williams
> <janewilliams20_at_y...> wrote:
> >
> > Still haven't figured out what to do about gifts
> that
> > grant extra AP, though :(
> >
> Me? I'd use bonuses that work once a day or
> something restricted.
>
> Or a bonus "pool" - You can use all your +10 RIGHT
> NOW or you can use
> some of it in this round and some of it next round.
> Or you can use
> some of it in the next contest - if there is one.

Nice ideas that I hadn't thought of. They'd mean something else to keep track of, of course.

What we've done with some gifts in the past is turn them into a suitably names skill at 12 (13 now, I suppose). The RQ one of recovering fatigue faster got turned into a "Tireless" skill, for instance. I wonder if the same trick might work for this?

In this particular case, the RQ equivalent seems to have been to recover magic points faster. And of course we don't have them any more, nor any equivalent block on using as much magic as we feel like. Recovering AP seems terribly artificial in any case: I wonder how the character sees it? Maybe it's a bonus to an affinity?

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk