magic

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:37:05 EST

Hey!

I have two questions about magic:

1.
HQ page 120 says about feats:
"Devotees can spend hero points to improve the rating in a feat, with the improvement in additon to the affinity´s rating. Devotees can also improve their rating in the affinity itself, which thus improves the affinity´s feats as well."

Does this mean you can have an affinity with say 5 feats. And improve one feat for 1HP or all them via an improvement of the affinityrating for only 3HP????

2.
How do you handle spells/feats, etc. that give you magical armor? In HW you had a spirit of the La-Ungariant tradition that gave you a magical armor with the edge equal to the spirits might divided by 5. It seems to me that HQ rejects giving hard rules for how to handle magic and suggests to more narrate effects....is that true ? Most of the time i think, a spell will give you an active ability which works just fine for me. The spells rating is your new magical ability. But there are other cases, like the example above, where i m unsure how to handle it, especially with different levels of success.

Can somebody help me ?

all the best

Christian