That's the point of it, chance!

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:37:27 -0800

Mike Holmes said,

>I agree that when you get that roll that says that the >augment is pointless that it's sorta heartbreaking. I'm >wondering if, on the contrary, we could find some method >that would always make the augments count instead of >ignoring them when they don't. Hmmm.

Well, in my book the point is that if you attempt to make the roll to try to get "more than usual" (the automatic augment) then you are taking a chance, and the whole point of that is that you might lose. To negate that seems pointless to me, and if you are going to have no chance of a loss then why bother to roll at all?

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford