Re: Re: That's the point of it, chance!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:58:31 -0800

> >When the single augment is +2, this may well be the case. When the
> >sum total of the augments is +20 or +40 or more for that special
> >occasion...
>
> True enough. In that case the effects of an obtained level of augment are
> automatic to some extent. I'm only talking about the case where the total
is
> definitley less than 20, and usually less than 10. Maybe those cases
aren't
> worth worrying about that much? That's true, too.

When you make the roll *only* because of your augment, *that* makes it all worthwhile. Sure, hot dice can make anything seem "useless" (why bother with high target numbers when you roll a "1"?), but hot dice have the habit of going cold just when you need them most. So having the added security of even 2 measly aditional points in your ability can save your bacon at the critical point. And that is when your palyers will be grateful for them. (Alternatively, if they haven't bothered to augment, and miss the critical roll by 1 or 2, then they'll feel the pain).

RR
- Richelieu