RE: That's the point of it, chance!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:09:44 +0000 (GMT)

> I'm not proposing doing away with rolling for
> Augments or anything like
> that. On the contrary, I love rolling for Augments,
> and am trying to get it to happen more.

> My suggestion above would be to find some way to
> ensure that *some* effect
> was gained through an atttained Augment in the end
> conflict.

I know this is the Rules list, but surely the effect you gain is a dramatic/narrative one, at least? Rather than just saying "I hit him", you get to add "With my huge strength I force his own sword back towards his throat" - narrator then adds "and he stops it with the keen edge inches from his jugular."

Either way, you haven't actually "achieved" anything, but it sounds good.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html