Re: Re: strange and weird abilities

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:36:43 -0500

At 12:41 AM 1/30/2004 +0000, Stewart Stansfield wrote:

>"Hideously Caper"

         I especially liked this ability, which brings to mind a mad chef character, strewing the little things in every dish. "What is this in my tea?" "Capers." "My salad?" "Capers." "My sorbet, my lamb, my delicate pasta?" "Capers." "Ahhhhhhhhh!" "Bwa ha ha." Perhaps it's an ability of Beat-Pot Aelwrin.

         It just occurred to me -- Is it "Beat-Pot" or "Beet-Pot?" I sort of figured that he cooked beets at some point, but maybe he beat on the pot in question (or wore a dented one). Or, perhaps, he favored a sort of literary movement that involving challenges to the staid post-War Lunar culture, smoking and drinking coffee, and saying things like "That JarEel, she's one gone chick." More desperately, he may have been driven to rebellion by smoking a terrible mixture of hazia and beet greens.....

Peter Larsen

Engineering and Physical Sciences Librarian University of Rhode Island Library
15 Lippitt Rd
Kingston, RI 02881-0803

phone: (401) 874-4637
fax: (401) 874-5403