Re: Re: Some thoughts on Adepts, Wizards (& Sorcerers)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:44:55 +1300

At 01:44 PM 2/16/04 +0000, you wrote:

>--- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Metcalfe
><metcalph_at_q...> wrote:

> > The Debaldan are wizards, not sorcerers.

>My reasoning, which I'm fully prepared to admit may be faulty,was
>that the main difference between Wizards and Sorcerors was that the
>former were part of a ("the") church whereas the latter are acting
>outside of any such strictures.

The main difference between sorcerers and wizards is that sorcerers believe in an impersonal universe while wizards believe in a personal god. Many wizards are part of an established church but this is not necessary.

>The Debaldans, unlike the other
>sample schools, are explicitly stated not to belong to any church.

They are however listed under Independent Wizardry Schools just like the Bardanites and the Humble Calligraphers (both of whom can belong to any church).

--Peter Metcalfe