Re: More Animism Questions

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 00:37:38 -0000

To spell, talent and feat based common magic, yes.

> 2. Spirits (be they in charms, fetishes, practice spirits or allied
> spirits) can not have their abilites increased after "capture" ? If
> you want a more powerful spirit you have to get a new one ?

Yes, you must get a new one. They don't get more powerful on their own. The only "spirits" that would get more powerful would be those that you have integrated into yourself and we don't have HeroQuest rules for that - yet.

> 3. How many Charms & Fetishes could a character that starts the
game
> as a Practitioner start with ?

Five. See the Bison People for examples of this.

I might give him common magic and/or tradition charms if I was feeling generous.

> 4. If you have an allied "combat" spirit, as it automatically
returns
> to its "residence", it is available to assist you in every combat
it
> is present at, as opposed to Practice Spirits that disappear for a
> time ?

I believe so. If it was defeated previously, it may be damaged or reluctant to come-out-and-play however.

> 5. Can anyone point me to links to find more examples of Traditions
> and Practices ?
>
> Cheers, Chris

There's probably a few on Lokarnos. Also, check www.glorantha.com - theres some examples there. As well, the Imperial Lunar Handbook has several practices and traditions in it.

Hope this helps,