Re: magical vs.mundane resistance

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:19:49 -0000

> The way i wanna do it has the advantage that you look at the magic
from a
> magical point of view. You define more or less clearly what the
magic is and what
> it can do and everything else comes naturally (magical) from there.

I think that's realy what we all want, but we come to the table with different preconceptions. I think the way you'r talking about would be a fine way to run a game, and I'd have no problem playing it like that.

One problem with HQ is that as a group, you do need to have this debate and agree what your character's abilities mean, and how they are used. That's an overhead imposed on play, but I think it's a very worthwhile one because as you say it's allows us to express our own creativity in a way that few other games can.

It can also be frustrating sometimes, but I suppose each group needs to resolve it through dialogue and compromise.

Simon Hibbs