Re: Questions

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:28:17 -0800

Mike

> >True, but a loss of all AP *does* result in a problem for the archer.
>>If I have 17 AP, wager them all for a killing shot, and lose them, I
>>should be out of the contest, rather than my opponent getting the
>>advantage on me.
>
>If you wager 17 AP, and lose them, then the other guy gets his goal.

But his goal is to kill my friend -- this is a mixed Extended Contest, with lots of combatants.

>In a multiple contest, this only refers to me.

No, it does not. I'm the archer behind the wall, shooting down to help my friend. My enemy might like for me to go away, but it's not his goal. And he never makes bids against me, because he is fighting my friend.

We can all come up with situations where HQ archery does work. But it doesn't work so well in the big melees, and those cannot always be recast in terms of different types of contests.

Simon's idea of forcing the archer character to sit around and do nothing while the other characters make lots of rolls seems a bit problematic. How do you coordinate when the archer gets to roll his Simple Contest?

--

David Dunham