Wizards and spells...

From: TB <yanafal_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 00:12:17 +0200

I have other questions about wizardry:

One of my players has a Dara Happan wizard of the Order of Makabeus.

  1. Must a wizard be part of a church ? I assumed that being part of a wizard school is enough.
  2. How can a adept/wizard learn foreign spells? For example, the wizards of Makabeus have access to many foreign magic (see Herowars core rules), but how can they learn such spells? In order to learn individual spells (see HQ rules), he has to Open a portal of power to a spell node (10M3) and make a contest with his Use [grimoire]. But for foreign spells, he has no Use [grimoire] skill !

In fact, the theist rules are easy to understand, but with sorcery (and animism, yet common magic) I have much trouble. I had my point of view with the HW rules. Even if HQ seems much more fulfilled, new questions appear!

Thanks for any point of view.