Re: Wizards and spells...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:32:50 -0000

My understanding (probably faulty...) is that "Wizard" is a church rank, although once you get out of the mainstream Malkioni religions it does all get a bit more vague.
It is not necessary to be (or have been) a liturgist or an orderly in order to become a wizard, although schools may have their own liturgists whose blessings are bestowed on the school and/or it's members

> In fact, the theist rules are easy to understand, but with sorcery
(and
> animism, yet common magic) I have much trouble. I had my point of
view with
> the HW rules. Even if HQ seems much more fulfilled, new questions
appear!

These rules always seemed slightly vaguer in HW, and have changed more in HQ, so it is sometimes tricky to pin them down. I find it helpful to sit down and try and work through an example with the rules in front of me, then ask here what is still puzzling me (Much as you appear to have done). Take a look at the FAQ's on the Issaries home page too, as they expand some of the tricker concepts.