RE: Re: Wizards and spells...

From: TB <yanafal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:30:48 +0200

HQ p.163:
Attune a Grimoire (10M6):
Any Victory: A portal is created and opened successfully. Any adept standing in the portal may pass through to the node (and so can pay the hero points to gain the new grimoire ability)

I understand this in this way: to attune means making a link to the grimoire (which in turn is linked to the Node). If you have another wizard's grimoire, you still have to link YOU to the grimoire.

Of course, your interpretation seems correct too. But it would mean that a wizard has only to take a grimoire from another wizard in order to have a new grimoire ability. That would also mean that a good wizard can more or less easiliy have access to many grimoires. I wonder what a lunar wizard could do with his 3 school grimoires and , let's say 5 or 6 other grimoires ! He would have access to a broad range of spells ! Actually, it would give a wizard a broad access to spells, like in the RQ rules where wizards had the most wide powers (whereas theist were very limited to their god's powers, and chaman had a broad access to spirits, but without much power).