Re: slick little bid plan

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:55:38 -0000

 I actually decided to make the lunar bid choices a Fibonacci series: 7 14 21 35 56 91 (all)

More flexibility that way when dealing with hundreds of AP.

>(Or am I misunderstanding.)
No you got it.

> Have you figured the Ice Spirit's bids back?

There I've got a broader outline of the things that he might do as potential bids. he's likely to bid big because he's very angry:

> And how much are you willing to adjust this in response to what the players choose to
> do?

Absolutely. I could easily see the Lunars' target number changing after a round or two, if the Heroes decide to start decapitating the summoners, or trying to remove the binding chain from Ice Fist.

But they might well decide to help the Lunars, especially if they find out that the Lunars have the "Warm Body" magic necessary to thaw their two completely frozen companions!

I know narrators aren't supposed to roll against themselves, but this is too interesting not to, especially as the Heroes might choose to get involved in any given round.

At the moment the contest looks like it will stack up this way at the start:

Councillors 8W5 233 AP TN =8 233 AP

The balance between the lunars and the spirit is tight--they have to do 25+ every round or they will lose, because otherwise Ice Fist just keeps pulling AP out of his lesser spirits.

Mike