RE: Trusting the dice (was Re: slick little bid plan)

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:18:02 -0400

Utterly OT but,

Hell, you see clever players do this in any game. Favorite example I ever saw was an death cultist in a DnD game who rolled incredibly badly throughout a fight after picking up a longsword in a dungeon he thought "looked cooler" than his weapon (axe) given by the priest of his cult. His last horrible roll broke the sword in two.

He then proclaimed he had offended his god, demanded he be sent on a quest of atonement and never used swords again on principle as they were obviously taboo to him.

Dice are fun. :)