Re: Re: Magic items (was Transforming abilities)

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:51:45 -0500

>From: "Light Castle" <light_castle_at_...>

>Still, upon further reading of the rules, it seems (as I mention in another
>post) that the as
>written the real difference is between "the world" and "beings". Against
>beings, magic is
>always against whatever resistance they can manage, magic or mundane, and
>the 14
>just applies to the "world".
>
>Now, using that idea does have a strong mythological resonance. The
>descnedents of
>man are fundamentally different from the rest of the world. It tracks.

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but there are some, and I am one, who think that the book is just confusing on the subject of the default 14. That is, I've seen about a half-dozen ways to interpret it, all with merit, but all of which can be attacked pretty well from one viewpoint or another. My advice is just to figure out a way that works for yourself and stick with it. And not worry about trying to get it to fit the contradictions in the book.

No game is perfect.

Mike

Express yourself with the new version of MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/