Re: Re: Improving magical items

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:07:05 -0500

>From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>

>This is a problem with all abilities, not only magic items. As you play
>for longer in a campaign, the gap between your best ability and your
>average ability widens. Worse still, that widening gap encourages you to
>further use your best ability (taking an improv. penalty, if necessary)
>whenever you can.

I think that a good solution will be frequent and liberal applications of advanced experience (has anyone actually played to this level?). The model I use right now is to give out HP for each session - not per adventure - and then to do advanced experience between each adventure. So, instead of the next adventure starting the next day, it starts two years later. This is, to me, a more natural pacing, and if you use the advancement per the Saga system, broad numbers of skills advance in such a way as to keep pace with the higher abilities.

I think.

Like I said, I'm just getting to the point were I can use this.

Mike

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/