Gaining new charms

From: Raśl <eikinskialdi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:56:08 -0000

Hi,

I *had* a simple question:
Can an animist gain new charms of a different tradition/practice?

In my game a player asked me if he could cement a few charms what the Heros took away from a captured enemy animist.

I have been trying to find this matter in the rulebook, and this has raised new doubts...
Now I'm confused and the question is no more simple, I think...

pag. 134 "Spiritists can only use common magic charms or those from their tradition"

pag. 135 "Thus, a spiritist sometimes joins a specific practice without actually becoming a practitioner.[...]What he does have is a ready source of practitioners to create charms for him, including charms containig practice spirits"

pag. 135 "If the spiritist leaves teh practice, the spirit will depart the first time it is used, and the charm will stop working"

Ok, an spiritist only can use tradition charms, and he only can use practice charms if he has joined the practice. Is it right?

Pag. 141 "An animist who leaves a practice or tradition must give up all charms received from it, for the spirits will no longer aid him"

Ok, I think it means only an animist in a tradition (or practice) is able to use traditions charms (or practice charms), but the Hero is a concentrated practitioner. About Concentrating Animism, pag. 133:

"[...]the animist pays half the normal hero points cost to learn or improve animist magic, even if it does not stem from his tradition (such as common magic charms)."

Can a concentred animist retain his charms if he leaves the practice/tradition? a shaman is a concentrated animist and pag.141 indicates he loses his charms as any other animist...

I'm confused with "even if it does not stem from his tradition".

Anyway, if a player is willing to spend Hero Points to adquire new charms this can mean the Hero has been able to subdue the spirit in the charm.
Although, where were the limit? How many stealed charms should be allowed to cement?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Raul