Re: Religion and Childbirth

From: jeffrichard68 <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:59:33 -0000

More pointedly, lets
> say that I have a female character who is an initiate of Skovara,
and I take
> my free relationships as Member of Temple of Skovara, and Knows
Members of
> Temple of Vinga. Since I've not taken a relationship with the
mother
> goddess, the character would have no bonus with childbirth? Or
does my
> Member of Village count or something?

Just my two cents here, but I would likely allow her relationship Initiative of Skovara (we're talking about an Ernalda subcult here) and her Bless Mothers affinity to be used. Her relationship with her village could be used to get the village midwife (who could then provide lots of bonuses) or might be used as an augment in and of itself. I'd be reluctant to let you use your relationship with the Temple of Vinga as an augment.

> Given reproductive drive, I'd think that the majority of women
would be
> members of the mother goddesses temples if this was beneficial to
birthing
> (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's a female's place to
bring
> children into the world, this just seems to be the viewpoints of
many
> Gloranthan cultures - less than actual Earth cultures of a similar
era, but
> the bias is there, nonetheless).

And for the Orlanthi, this is true. Most (85%) women are Ernaldans.

Jeff