Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 04:45:44 +0100

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:30:23PM -0700, David Weihe wrote:
> After going to all the trouble that is subsumed in "paying a HP", yes,
> you get a slightly higher rating than those that just come to her
> effortlessly. Until she puts some effort into her Vingan affinities
> (buys them up from the minimum by blood, toil, tears, and sweat, as
> subsumed in the game mechanic of paying an HP)

Well, 3HP (or indeed, 6), to be picky. So multiply quantities of Churchillian effort by three throughout, presumably. (And I dunno about 'effortlessly': feats gained in play also cost 1/2 HP, even if they're from/added to existing affinities.)

Mind you, there seems no real reason that an initiate couldn't be a allowed to 'buy up' a specific feat at a rate of +1 for 1/2HP, as do devotees. Can't see them lining up to do so when they'll still be struggling against the -5, but it would certainly deal with my subobjection,  above.

Cheers,
Alex.