Re: Initiates using feats.

From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:31:50 +0100 (BST)

Alex said:

"Mind you, there seems no real reason that an initiate couldn't be a allowed to 'buy up' a specific feat at a rate of +1 for 1/2HP, as do devotees. Can't see them lining up to do so when they'll still be struggling against the -5, but it would certainly deal with my sub-objection, above."

I can think of a reason: It makes Initiates Devotees - 5 in all respects, with the additional advantages of only half the commitment and being able to use non-cult magic. Maybe Devotees are the sort of thing characters do for "worldly realism" and I'm just a dirty, slutty powergamer, but removing the one thing devotees get (unless I've misread the rules again) reduces their appeal somewhat.

Cheers,

Ash