Re: Re: City gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:52:47 +1200

At 10:27 p.m. 9/08/2004 -0000, you wrote:

>> If he wants to help Heortlings everywhere then Pavis is not the
>> cult for him.

>Thats are rather cold blooded approach.

Ssssssth!

> The player liked the idea of
>Pavis and wanted to play it. Having now invested a lot of time in the
>character, and his group wanting to move to Sartar he now gets
>discarded?

Which only shows the true colour of that character's friends. As for being discarded, he could easily chose another cult. What he can't do is help Sartar and Pavis.

>It is ONLY a game, I thought the idea was to have fun.

That doesn't mean that we should molly-coddle characters just because they have religious difficulties.

>I can easily
>just ignore the information I have and let my players do anything,

Then go for it and watch me care. Complaining about the advice that was given to you isn't going to change anything.

>But is the Red Moon a full world wide god yet?

Yes. The Red Moon is worshipped in Fonrit and Kralorela.

>And when an orlanthi moves to the southern continent, do they keep
>their magic?

Yes as Orlanth is worshipped in Pamaltela.

> Is the game so rigid that you can only exist within your
>own homeland?

No. But nice attempt at blurring the distinction between a City God (which always have been restricted to their city locality) and the Greater Gods which are gloranthan-wide.

--Peter Metcalfe

---