Re: Re: [Mythic Russia]Tell me your Woes!

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:09:55 +0100

>In addition, how about making character creation cleaner. I mean
>chracter creation in HQ is fairly easy but their is always some
>question arising. For example, when a keyword gives you a follower,
>can you choose to make him a sidekick or do you have to pay points
>from your 20 points to get it?
>
>How come I have the feeling one of you will casually point out the
>answer to this question is clearly spelled out on page XYZ paragraph
>ABC and make me look like an idiot (:-))

Well a keyword doesn't give you a follower (It's that FAQ again)
"You do not get retainers or sidekicks for free just because they are listed in one of your keywords -- those are not like abilities. IF you take a retainer or sidekick, and it is appropriate to the list of Typical Followers in your keyword, your relationship starts at 17 rather than 13, but you still have to have the retainer in your narrative or list."

I can't see a point cost for choosing a sidekick. You will, however, probably have to use more words to describe a sidekick if you are using the Narrative character generation. You certainly have to name each sidekick individually while it seems to be OK to take small groups of retainers with one "word" (e.g "Four Storms" as a proper name counts as one word).

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.