RE: Re: PC with no magic

From: ASHLEY MUNDAY <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:17:10 +0100 (BST)

I'm still wondering how they kept their non-compatible abilities after they concentrated their magic...

If you did break concentration and start using your old common magic again (or learning new common magic), Orlanth apparently isn't too chuffed. It's out on yer ear and reapply to the priest on the door when you've concentrated again. Presumably they backslide to being Initiates rather than all the way down to (effectively) children, which is a shame, but there you have it.

Even better, if you're one of
these-accept-no-substitutes Devotees with the big secret of Orlanth, you can't break concentration. No charms, spells or talents for you old son. Not only are you in deep shit, you welded your feet to the bottom of the slurry tank as well.

Being cruel and heartless, imagine the scene after the "heroes" return home and the entire community gets it in the neck for their effective apostasy. -1/10 of their piety from their Orlanth based magic use and a worrying case of itchy knackers in polite company for starters. It's probably worth a couple of odd jobs to the priests, a few cows and then you can think about Devoting again.

It'd be worth playing out the character bits of the Devotional hero quest again, so you can watch the buggers wriggle.

Random thought: As Devotion requires a Hero Quest and you can't repeat Hero Quests does that mean after you've been devoted to one subcult and and fallen out of favour, you can't redevote to the same subcult again? Maybe there's a (tougher) backsliders quest you can do...

Cheers,

Ash

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM >