Re: PC with no magic

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:47:39 -0000

I let the players keep them. Its KNOWLEDGE, afterall (except for the charms). You know how you use it - you just don't. But if you do, you lose your concentration instantly and, of course, you have to both reconcentrate  and explain to your local priest or shaman or orderly why you've been burping flames again.

> If you did break concentration and start using your
> old common magic again (or learning new common magic),
> Orlanth apparently isn't too chuffed. It's out on yer
> ear and reapply to the priest on the door when you've
> concentrated again. Presumably they backslide to being
> Initiates rather than all the way down to
> (effectively) children, which is a shame, but there
> you have it.

No. Actually, we considered that when Orlanth Was Dead, the entire magic was pretty much ineffective. We were doing this thing called playing a game and having fun. We tried really hard not to lose sight of that.

> Even better, if you're one of
> these-accept-no-substitutes Devotees with the big
> secret of Orlanth, you can't break concentration. No
> charms, spells or talents for you old son. Not only
> are you in deep shit, you welded your feet to the
> bottom of the slurry tank as well.

I disagree with the extreme attitude you take on devotees. Perhaps you mean disciples?

Jeff