Re: Sartar

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:02:27 -0000

> Good point! The Flame as the wyter. Any "citizen" can join the group
> powering it, but only the leader can use the result - yep, works.
>
> During the period when there was no Flame, no-one new could join? So
> even if the magic had been useable, the powers available to it kept
> shrinking.
>
> Massive recruitment drive once the Flame's relit, then.

Pretty much. We didn't get into the exact whys and wherefores. We just knew that the Flame embodied Sartar. No one could call upon its powers directly but those who swore loyalty to it (and the kingdom) were better off. Sometimes precise nuts and bolts detracts from the mystery - I got the distinct impression from some players that they didn't want to know *exactly*.

We just assumed it was the Kingdom's wyter and Sartar was the Kingdom and away we went. Who knows? Maybe on his death/apotheosis, Sartar *replaced* the Wyter he had gained with soemthign more powerful - himself. We do know that wyters are replaced particularly when needs change or a more powerful/appropriate candidate is available.

Anyway, it worked for us and we were happy with it. That's all that mattered to us. =)

Jeff