Re: Practice spirits have how many abilities?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:50:46 -0700

> How do you interpret the write-ups that do not say how
> many powers each practice spirit has? Does each
> practice spirit have one power only, or does it have
> all powers listed? I have assumed the latter. Am I
> wrong?

Practice spirits have multiple abilities. A Charm can only provide access to one ability, but when put into a Fetish, you have accesss to whatever powers the Spirit has (Spirit Ranks pages 131-132; Tradition Spirits and Charms page 134; Practice Spirits and Fetishes, page 137).

And, each spirit is really an individual thing - the examples listed are just that - examples. An individual spirit might have more or fewer powers than those listed, and might have different ability ratings from those listed (though I would only make a couple changes - a typical spirit shouldn't be *too* far off the average...). When a player wants to bind a spirit into a fetish, I'd let him play around a bit with powers & ability ratings. When he runs up against an Animist, I'd probably just use the spirits as listed, since I'm a lazy cuss and don't want to bother making up stuff beforehand.

RR
- Richelieu